Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Motivational quotes for the day (Self-Discovery)


Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it's dark.
~Zen Proverb


People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.
~Thomas Szasz, "Personal Conduct," The Second Sin, 1973

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.
~Dr. Alexis Carrel

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
~Henry David Thoreau, 1854

He who knows others is learned;
He who knows himself is wise.
~Lao-tzu, Tao te Ching

You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.
~James A. Froude






No comments: